Are You a Suitable Fat Transfer Candidate?
Only an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon such as Dr. Ghaderi can properly establish if someone is a suitable candidate for fat transfer. Nonetheless, appropriate fat transfer candidates typically include individuals who:
- Wish to enhance a specific area of the body, such as the breasts, buttocks or the back of the hands
- Have an adequate amount of fat to harvest from another area of the body
- Are in good general health, both physically and mentally speaking
- Do not suffer from any medical conditions that could inhibit the body’s healing mechanisms (e.g., autoimmune diseases, cardiovascular conditions)
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of fat transfer surgery (i.e., they seek cosmetic improvement, not perfection)
- Do not smoke, or are prepared to quit smoking for several weeks prior to and after the procedure
- Are not currently pregnant or nursing
- Recognize both the rewards and possible risks of the procedure
What to Expect During Your Consultation
- Establish whether you are a suitable candidate for the procedure.
- Identify your desired outcome for the procedure.
- Discuss the fat transfer procedure and what to expect in greater detail, and answer any questions you have.
To establish if you are a suitable candidate for fat transfer, Dr. Ghaderi will conduct a physical examination to determine if you have a suitable amount of donor fat. If you do not have enough excess fat to harvest, Dr. Ghaderi may ask you to gain weight before your procedure. He will also review your medical and surgical history.
Dr. Ghaderi will ask you which area(s) of the body you wish to enhance. He will also ask you to describe your desired surgical outcome. Dr. Ghaderi can provide before-and-after photos of previous fat transfer patients to help you identify the type of cosmetic results you would like to attain.
Finally, Dr. Ghaderi will explain the fat transfer process in greater detail. This includes discussing how you should prepare for surgery, what you can expect on the day of your procedure and what you can expect during the recovery period. Please ask any questions you may have during your consultation. Do not hesitate to ask whatever is on your mind, even if you feel that your question might be insignificant – it is not!
If Dr. Ghaderi is confident that you are an appropriate fat transfer candidate and that you understand the advantages and possible drawbacks of surgery, you are ready to take the next step: scheduling your fat transfer procedure.
Contact Us to Schedule a Fat Transfer Consultation
To schedule a consultation with West Chicago cosmetic surgeon Dr. Ghaderi, please contact St. Charles Plastic Surgery today.